20060107

Sleepless


Winter digs salient talons in my flesh.
Naked trees shiver swimming in pewter skies.
Sun and stars stolen by monotone clouds.
Color sleeps under pale alabaster frost.

Restlessness is my unending consort.
Whispering for me to flee certain death.
Shrieking eagles shatter steel blue silence.
Fallen rose petals wander aimlessly.

Motionlessly I dance to a heartbeat.
Eagerly waiting for spring’s soft embrace.
Life labors under cold bitter fury.
Suspended in time bound by heaven and hell.

Sheltering embers of passionate warmth.
Fearful winter’s tempest will conquer.
Howling winds punish yielding ground.
Sorrow’s rewarded with frozen tears of azure.

Loneliness relentlessly corrodes every thought.
Time’s forever a prisoner of numbing stillness.
In another place sun lovingly caresses sand.
Yearning as another sleepless night greets me.

Clutching hope to my heart’s soul desire.
Perfumed memories drift from consciousness.
Grey silence lies down beside me.
Resolve ebbs as coldness touches my skin.

Inhaling deep icy breaths darkness falls.
Repose effortlessly washes over me in waves.
Resisting no more dreams emerge in shadows.
Ravens weeps as inevitability holds my hand.

Over a rainbow is promise of spring’s soft kiss.
Time floats unfettered above my mortal grasp.
Destiny holds if I shall awake from slumber.
Warily waiting for flowers to return I exhale.