20070903

Laboring on a Labor Day Dream



“The only liberty an inferior man really cherishes is the liberty to quit work, stretch out in the sun, and scratch himself.”

H.L. Mencken


This Labor Day will be one to remember for it has changed the direction of my life or to be forgotten as a wayward dream. During this holiday weekend I have toiled for over thirty hours preparing the pitch of my career. An opportunity the magnitude of which I can not begin to comprehend. On Thursday I will travel to Ft. Lauderdale to present a proposal which will require the formation of two new corporations one based in the Caribbean and another in the Mediterranean most likely Rome. The project will require extensive travel to Europe for possibly the next four years. If properly managed the contract could extend for decades developing into a series of international patents which would be partnered with global multination mega corporations. I am drifting in a dream from an altered state of reality. Thursday will be the culmination of eighteen months of positioning, marketing and effort to make this pitch of a lifetime in which I could actually be in a position of influence to change the world. Funny how often people say that and how seldom it is the truth. Today I can find not solace in idleness for I am alive and on fire.


“Idleness is a constant sin, and labor is a duty. Idleness is the devil's home for temptation and for unprofitable, distracting musings; while labor profiteth others and ourselves.”

Anne Baxter